- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut into medallions and pounded to about 1/2-inch thickness
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons capers drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley flat leaf
- Season pork cutlets with salt and pepper then dredge them in flour, shaking off excess. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until almost sizzling. Add pork, in batches, browning on both sides for 4 to 6 minutes total; remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the lemon juice and chicken broth to the skillet and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add garlic and capers; reduce heat and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in half and half then return pork medallions to the skillet; turn to coat and heat through. Garnish with parsley and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Angel Hair pasta tossed with a little butter and grated Parmesan cheese. Add steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Use sliced eggplant instead of pork medallions. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork and use vegetable broth. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free flour and make sure capers are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 230 Calories; 13g Fat; 18g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 145mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!