Paprika Pork Tenderloin
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place tenderloin in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients (broth through black pepper); pour mixture over pork. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Shred pork with two forks and continue to cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes (to absorb juices).
- LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Roll pork mixture in large Romaine lettuce leaves. Add a big bowl of broccoli slaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Instead of lettuce leaves, roll pork mixture in warmed whole wheat flour tortillas. Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and salsa are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 137 Calories; 4g Fat; 22g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 55mg Cholesterol; 549mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!