Palm Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 pound arugula or baby spinach
- 1 14-oz. can hearts of palm drained and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 large tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup black olives pitted
- In a blender, place first 6 ingredients (mayonnaise through black pepper); process until smooth. Refrigerate while you prepare the salad.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 8 minutes per side or until cooked through; salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (arugula through olives); toss with prepared blue cheese dressing and top with grilled chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve whole grain rolls and butter on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time accordingly. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mayonnaise, bacon and olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 624 Calories; 39g Fat; 48g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 128mg Cholesterol; 763mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 5 Fat. Points: 17
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!