Orange Tuna Steaks with Collard Greens
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 medium tuna steaks
- 1 small onion sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3 teaspoons minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 cups collard greens cooked
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook collard greens.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sear each tuna steak for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Layer sliced onion and tuna steaks in a large baking dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together next 10 ingredients (salt and pepper through sesame seeds); pour mixture over tuna and onion. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until onion is slightly tender and each tuna steak has a thick strip of pink in the center.
- Serve tuna and onion over a bed of collard greens.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 636 Calories; 19g Fat; 29g Protein; 95g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 43mg Cholesterol; 63mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 19 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!