Orange and Kale Beef Roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 2-pound beef roast
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 small cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups chopped collard greens
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the roast with salt and pepper on all sides. Brown the roast on all sides and then remove from the heat.
- In a crock cooker, place all the ingredients. Cover the mixture with the lid and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or until the beef is cooked through. Serve hot.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beef broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 482 Calories; 34g Fat; 31g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 126mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!