Maple Chicken and Butternut Squash
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with the coconut oil.
- Place chicken and butternut squash in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (paprika through mustard); pour mixture over chicken and butternut squash then toss well to coat.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in the baking dish and fill the spaces with butternut squash. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken registers at least 165 degrees and squash is fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 503 Calories; 24g Fat; 43g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 172mg Cholesterol; 797mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 3 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!