Lemon Thyme Chicken
- 2 large lemons juiced and zested
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes or up to 6 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and zest, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper; pour mixture over chicken then add thyme sprigs.
- Rinse chicken breast halves under cool running water and pat dry with paper towels. Place them in a single layer between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Transfer to a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour marinade over the top. Add thyme sprigs then seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 6 hours.
- At time of cooking, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown on the outsides and juices run clear.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked acorn squash and steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 308 Calories; 13g Fat; 40g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 586mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!