Lemon Orzo Salad
- 1 1/2 cup orzo cooked according to package directions
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 1 large red onion diced
- 1 large tomato diced
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup diced black olives + 2 tablespoons, pitted
- 1 large cucumber peeled, de-seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley + 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil + 2 tablespoons
- 4 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine first 7 ingredients (orzo through cucumber); toss well to combine.
- Prepare dressing: In another medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (parsley through black pepper); pour dressing over orzo mixture and serve.
DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook orzo then cool. SERVING SUGGESTION: A salad of mixed baby greens, orange sections and sliced avocado, cucumber and green onions, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free orzo or quinoa and make sure olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 229 Calories; 9g Fat; 8g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 121mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!