Lamb Sliders with Ginger-Cilantro Aioli
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 large egg
- 1 large lime juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 large head Boston lettuce leaves removed, cleaned and patted dry
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, gently blend together ground lamb, salt, pepper and garlic; form mixture into patties that are 2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb patties, in batches; cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown on the outsides and cooked to desired level of doneness on the insides.
- Meanwhile, prepare aioli: In a blender, process egg and lime juice then slowly drizzle in remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil; blend until emulsified and creamy. Add crushed red pepper flakes, gingerroot, cilantro and additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve lamb patties in individual lettuce leaves topped with sliced red onion and aioli.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of Zesty Coleslaw (finely shredded cabbage and carrots and thinly sliced red onion, celery, radishes and zucchini, tossed with a whisked-up dressing of extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, raw honey, salt, pepper and dry mustard to taste). NUTRITION: Per Serving: 962 Calories; 85g Fat; 41g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 219mg Cholesterol; 629mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 13 Fat. Points: 26
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!