Herbed Leg of Lamb
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 large apples cored and diced
- 1 large sweet onion roughly chopped
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place leg of lamb on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together next 8 ingredients (garlic through almond meal) and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Coat lamb with herb mixture, gently massaging into the meat on all sides. Roast, uncovered, for 30 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes, apples and onion in a medium bowl; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste; toss to combine.
- Arrange vegetables around the lamb in the roasting pan; continue to roast for 1 hour or until internal temperature of lamb reaches 130 degrees. Transfer roast to a cutting board and loosely tent with foil; allow it to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed petite green peas tossed with chopped fresh mint. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 860 Calories; 58g Fat; 51g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 186mg Cholesterol; 1198mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 7 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 23
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!