Grilled Skirt Steak with Black Olive Couscous
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups couscous
- 1 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley + 2 tablespoons
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pound beef skirt steak
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and garlic; allow mixture to sit at room temperature while you prepare the couscous.
- In a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, boil the water over high heat. Add the couscous then turn off the heat, cover and allow it to stand for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, place couscous, olives, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Remove the garlic from the olive oil and discard it. Add the olive oil to the couscous mixture; stir to combine then heat in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add steak; sear for 5 minutes per side then thinly slice and serve with couscous.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of beef, use portabella mushroom caps. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Use quinoa instead of couscous and make sure olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 316 Calories; 9g Fat; 11g Protein; 47g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 9mg Cholesterol; 245mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!