Grilled Pork with Tomatillo Pesto
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomatillos husks removed
- 1/2 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup white wine (or use low sodium chicken broth or homemade)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Prepare pesto: In a food processor or blender, place first 9 ingredients (tomatillos through black pepper); blend until smooth.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Brush tenderloin with olive oil and sprinkle with chili powder; grill for 6 minutes per side or until cooked through. Serve with tomatillo pesto.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, chili powder and chopped green onions to taste). Add a big salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Brown Mexican Rice (same as Mexi-Cauli-Rice but with brown rice instead of cauliflower). KOSHER: Instead of pork, use boneless skinless chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or broth) is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 341 Calories; 21g Fat; 30g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 149mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!