Ginger Espresso Steak and Buttery Noodles
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ginger freshly grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pound angel hair pasta cooked
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the espresso through the salt and pepper. Rub the mixture into both sides of the steaks and let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes per side, or until it reaches the desired doneness. Pour over the vinegar and then remove from the heat. Slice the steak and toss with the pasta, butter and parsley. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use vegetarian steak strips instead of beef flank steak. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure red wine vinegar and pasta are gluten free. NUTRITION: 522 Calories; 15g Fat; 36g Protein; 57g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 61mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!