Garlicky Crockpot Marinara with Beef
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast cut into large cubes
- 3 28-oz. cans tomato puree
- 1/2 cup red wine or use low sodium beef broth or homemade
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- In a slow cooker, combine first 6 ingredients (beef roast through crushed red pepper flakes). Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is falling apart. Garnish with chopped basil and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over hot Penne pasta. Add a big spinach salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of beef roast, use 3 (15-oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed. If not using red wine, use vegetable broth. KOSHER: Make sure beef and beef broth (if using) are certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato puree and wine (or broth) are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 413 Calories; 18g Fat; 25g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 1654mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 6 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!