Garlic Chicken and Couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 cups cooked couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Add in the next 5 ingredients (red pepper flakes through lemon juice). Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve the chicken over the couscous and then sprinkle over some chopped cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sauteed zucchini and squash. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 292 Calories; 6g Fat; 30g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 80mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!