Fresh Pasta with Goat Cheese and Herbs
- 3 large tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (tomatoes through cream); blend well.
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta until al dente (see package instructions for timing); drain and add to tomato mixture.
- Top with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. Add some garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free pasta or julienned/thinly sliced zucchini. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 568 Calories; 25g Fat; 23g Protein; 65g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 42mg Cholesterol; 270mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 1/2 Fat. Points: 15
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!