- 1 cup salsa Verde
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 large red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 medium skinless chicken thighs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 to 12 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- In a large crock cooker, place first 8 ingredients (salsa verde through chili powder); stir to blend well. Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper then place on top of onion/bell peppers mixture, nestling them down into the slow cooker and allowing the sauce to cover them.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Remove chicken from crock cooker and shred with 2 forks, discarding the bones. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and give mixture one final stir. Fill lettuce leaves with fajitas mixture and add desired toppings.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks, cucumber spears, grape tomatoes and whole black olives. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 310 Calories; 9g Fat; 43g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 172mg Cholesterol; 426mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!