Espresso Pepper Steak
- 3 tablespoons espresso grounds ground fine
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 medium New York strip steaks or whichever cut you prefer
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together first ingredients (coffee through ginger). Generously coat all sides of steaks with the espresso spice mixture and gently rub it into the meat.
- Brush the grill with the ghee and grill each steak for 6 to 8 minutes per side for a nice medium rare, or until cooked to your preferred doneness.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with a spinach salad. NUTRITION: 496 Calories; 39g Fat; 34g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 125mg Cholesterol; 1035mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!