Deliciously Easy Pork Ragu
- 4 large carrots roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds pork butt fat removed and cut in half
- In a slow cooker, place first 8 ingredients (carrots through black pepper); stir to combine well. Add the pork butt and turn it to coat all sides with the vegetable/tomatoes mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Shred pork with 2 forks then blend with slow cooker juices. Check the seasoning before serving.
- LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Zucchini Pasta (julienne or thinly slice zucchini into thin strips; stir-fry in olive oil over medium heat until slightly limp). Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Add a big green salad on the side.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Spaghetti pasta and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese. Add garlic toast. KOSHER: Instead of pork, use a kosher beef roast. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato paste and canned tomatoes are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 435 Calories; 22g Fat; 41g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 200mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!