- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 1/2 pounds large sea scallops or use large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 4 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms or use regular mushrooms
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan, heat ghee over medium-high heat. In the pan, sear scallops for 1 minute on each side. Remove scallops and set aside. In the pan, sauté mushrooms 4 minutes, or until tender. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté shallot for 1 minute, add more ghee if needed and cook in batches. To the pan add the coconut milk, curry, and cumin and whisk to deglaze the pan. Over low heat, simmer coconut milk mixture for 5 minutes. To the pan, add the tomatoes, parsley, and cooked mushrooms. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- On individual plates, place scallops. Top scallops with mushrooms and curry sauce and then serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and butter, fluff with a fork.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!