Curried Chicken Tacos with Grilled Coleslaw
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large head purple cabbage cut into fourths
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno
- 2 medium limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- large leaves romaine lettuce
- Do ahead tip: Marinate the chicken overnight or for at least 1 hour Place chicken in a large bowl; add next 7 ingredients (coconut milk through garlic); blend well. Cover bowl and marinate overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Brush grill grate with olive oil; grill cabbage fourths for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until grill marks appear; remove from grill and set aside to cool.
- Next, grill marinated chicken for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear; remove from grill and set aside for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Chop grilled cabbage and place it in a large bowl; add cilantro, cucumber, jalapeno, lime juice and extra virgin olive oil; salt and pepper to taste and toss well.
- Assemble tacos by placing sliced chicken on the Romaine lettuce leaves; top with grilled coleslaw and roll up. Serve immediately.
Only for Keto Cuisine Serving Suggestion: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!