Curried Chicken Salad
- 3 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves cooked and cubed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 medium stalks celery diced
- 1 small apple peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 6 large leaves butter lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season chicken breast halves with salt and pepper then place them on a baking sheet coated with the olive oil. Roast for 25 minutes or until internal temperature registers 165 degrees and juices run clear. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, toss together next 9 ingredients (onion through yogurt). Cube cooled chicken and add to onion/yogurt mixture; toss well to blend. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each dinner plate; fill each with an equal portion of chicken salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber and tomatoes on the side. Add whole grain rolls and butter. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. KOSHER: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure curry powder is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 540 Calories; 27g Fat; 32g Protein; 48g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 625mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 Fat. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!