- 1 pound stewing beef cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate seasoned beef for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, place first 6 ingredients (beef through chili powder); toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add gingerroot and garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Raise skillet (or wok) heat to medium-high.
- Add beef; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in broth and fish sauce; bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low, partially cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until beef is tender and liquid has thickened.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork. Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 453 Calories; 31g Fat; 37g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 114mg Cholesterol; 621mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!