Crust-less Asparagus Quiche
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound asparagus spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth or use homemade
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-inch pie pan with the butter.
- In a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, place next 5 ingredients (asparagus through black pepper); bring to a slow boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Transfer mixture to a food processor or blender; puree until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and light cream. Stir in asparagus mixture. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls and butter. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vegetable broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 185 Calories; 14g Fat; 11g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 240mg Cholesterol; 257mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!