Creamy Mushroom and Cauliflower Turkey Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 1 12-to 14-oz. can coconut cream
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 3 cups browned ground turkey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Brown ground turkey.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and cauliflower; sauté for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients then raise heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 649 Calories; 48g Fat; 39g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 653mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 8 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!