Coq au Vin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces bacon chopped
- 4 whole shallots
- 3 medium onions quartered
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chopped bacon; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add shallots and onions; sauté for 6 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; sauté for 3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a slow cooker.
- To the same skillet, add the chicken; cook for 5 minutes per side. Add to the slow cooker and stir to combine ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and Faux-Tay-Toes (see Day 2 directions). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Use turkey bacon or skip. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure bacon and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 530 Calories; 30g Fat; 47g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 151mg Cholesterol; 1046mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 4 Fat. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!