Coconut Lime Ginger Chicken with Mixed Baby Greens
- Parchment paper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 16-oz. can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 pounds chicken breasts, thighs and legs
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 large lime thinly sliced
- Aluminum foil
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, add the first 6 ingredients (lime juice through salt and pepper) and blend until a smooth mixture forms. Set aside.
- In a large baking dish, place chicken pieces and pour half of the coconut mixture on top evenly.
- Sprinkle with garlic and place lime slices on top throughout.
- Set remaining coconut mixture in the refrigerator. Cover chicken with foil and bake for 50 minutes, or until cooked throughout.
- Serve warm with additional coconut sauce alongside the mixed baby greens drizzled with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 480 Calories; 31g Fat (57.0% calories from fat); 40g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 134mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!