Coconut Crusted Shrimp
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a shallow dish, whisk together egg and seasonings (salt through crushed red pepper flakes). In another shallow dish, combine almond flour/meal and coconut.
- Working with a few shrimp at a time, dredge first in egg mixture and then in almond flour/meal mixture; set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown on the outside and opaque on the inside.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Cauli-Rice: Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, curry powder, chopped green onions and cilantro to taste). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 455 Calories; 22g Fat; 55g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 398mg Cholesterol; 592mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!