Cinnamon Crock Pork Shoulder
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- In a large crock cooker, place the pork shoulder. Rub in the salt and pepper through the oil. Pour over the vinegar and water. Toss in the onion and tomatoes and then cover. Cook the pork on LOW for 6-8 hours, or until the pork is cooked through and easily shreds.
- Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A mixed baby greens salad (mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, avocado, tomatoes and cucumber, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: Use cubed tofu instead of pork shoulder. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure the apple cider vinegar and diced tomatoes are gluten free. NUTRITION: 287 Calories; 20g Fat; 18g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 73mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!