Chicken with Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes divided
- 1 plum tomato diced, Roma
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Romano cheese divided
- Prepare sauce: In a blender or food processor, place first 6 ingredients (water through vinegar) along with 2 teaspoons of the oil; process until just a few chunks remain; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken breast halves then add to the skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until golden on the outsides and juices run clear (reducing heat as necessary to prevent burning). Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- To the same skillet, add prepared tomato sauce; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer till heated through.
- Arrange chicken on dinner plates; top with sauce and garnish with cheese.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini Pasta (julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium heat until slightly limp). Add a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Angel Hair pasta instead of Zucchini Pasta. KOSHER: Omit cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sun-dried tomatoes and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 335 Calories; 12g Fat; 46g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 113mg Cholesterol; 708mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!