Chicken Cobb Salad with Vinaigrette
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 medium avocados pitted, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves sliced
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Grill chicken breast halves; cook and chop bacon.In a large serving bowl, layer first 7 ingredients (lettuce through bacon) in the order listed; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (vinegar through black pepper); drizzle dressing over salad then gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls and butter. KOSHER: Omit the bacon. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure bacon, vinegar and mustard are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 846 Calories; 62g Fat; 54g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 316mg Cholesterol; 360mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 11 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 23
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!