Chicken Breasts with Herbed Cheese
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese or Feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 medium boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine first 7 ingredients (cheese through black pepper); place 2 tablespoons of this mixture under the skin of each chicken breast half.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes per side; transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, avocado and cucumber, tossed in red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole wheat couscous. KOSHER: Substitute goat cheese with your favorite dairy-free cheese or skip the cheese and increase proportions of herbs. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 457 Calories; 20g Fat; 64g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 167mg Cholesterol; 297mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!