Buttery Sage Chicken
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 pound whole roasting chicken gizzards/neck removed and skin patted dry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except chicken. Blend until smooth.
- Place chicken on a roasting pan, breast side up, and rub down with ghee mixture. Tent with a piece of foil and place in the oven. Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until cooked through, meat will no longer be pink and juices will run clear. During the last 30 minutes of roasting, remove the foil to get a nice crispy skin.
- Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with steamed. NUTRITION: 459 Calories; 37g Fat; 29g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 176mg Cholesterol; 1055mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!