Breaded Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce
- 4 boneless pork chops 6 oz
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/2 cup arrowroot plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 3 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- Place pork chops between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/2-inch thickness. In a medium shallow dish, place beaten egg. In a second shallow dish, combine almond flour, 1/2 cup of arrowroot powder, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Dip each pork chop first into the egg, gently shaking to remove excess, then dredge in the flour mixture; set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook for 4 minutes per side or until golden brown on both sides; remove from skillet and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
- Prepare mustard sauce: Raise skillet heat to medium-high; add chicken broth and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder and the mustard.
- Stir in coconut milk and salt and pepper to taste; bring mixture to a slow boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chops immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed rutabagas and parsnips mashed with a little grass fed butter, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg. Add steamed baby Brussels sprouts. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 490 Calories; 26g Fat; 42g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 130mg Cholesterol; 587mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!