Braised Mushroom Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil over high heat; add chicken and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side; transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium and heat remaining oil; add mushrooms and garlic; cover and cook until mushrooms start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes; remove lid, raise skillet heat to high and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium-high and add broth and oregano; cook until mushrooms are tender and liquid is reduced, 8 to 10 minutes. Return chicken to skillet; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve chicken topped with mushrooms and drizzled with cooking liquid.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed red potatoes. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten free. KOSHER: No changes necessary. NUTRITION per serving: 285 Calories; 8g Fat; 45g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 104mg Cholesterol; 366mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!