Beef and Kale Bowls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 large bunches kale stems removed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 large lemons juiced
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, salt and pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic; cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, for 3 to 4 minutes or until beef is mostly browned.
- Add kale and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until kale has wilted and has become tender. Add lemon juice; cook for 1 to 2 minutes then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, radishes, cucumber spears and grape tomatoes. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 615 Calories; 46g Fat; 44g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 157mg Cholesterol; 165mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat. Points: 17
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!