Balsamic Pork Roast
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork roast
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Season pork roast with salt, pepper, garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes. Place seasoned pork in a crock cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine next 3 ingredients (broth through coconut aminos); pour mixture over pork then drizzle the honey over the top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- With kitchen tongs, carefully remove pork roast from crock cooker and place it on a serving platter.
- Gently separate the roast with two forks then return it to the slow cooker. Ladle 1/2 cup of sauce over the pork then keep warm until ready to serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 470 Calories; 23g Fat; 23g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 91mg Cholesterol; 130mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 10 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!