Bacon Scallop Pasta
- 6 slices black pepper bacon
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 pound large scallops
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 1 pound dry linguine cooked
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat. Once the bacon is crisp, remove from the skillet and set aside to drain.
- In the same skillet that the bacon drippings are in cook the onion until soft. Season scallops with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, or until a nice crust forms on both sides.
- Toss the spinach into the skillet, and once wilted add in the cooked pasta with a little of the pasta water. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and whole grain rolls with butter. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of scallops and veggie bacon strips instead of bacon. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure linguine is gluten free. NUTRITION: 403 Calories; 5g Fat; 26g Protein; 62g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 30mg Cholesterol; 273mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!