Avocado Taco Salad
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 head romaine lettuce coarsely shredded
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes well drained
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup jarred salsa
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook garlic, onion and ground beef for 10 minutes or until beef has browned. Turn off heat then add next 6 ingredients to the skillet (cumin through cilantro).
- In a large bowl, layer lettuce, tomatoes, olives, salsa, avocado and lime juice. Top with ground beef and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks, radishes and cucumber spears. NUTRITION: 523 Calories; 38g Fat; 28g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 329mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!