Asian Tuna Steaks
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ginger freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large lime juiced and zested
- 4 6-oz. tuna steaks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- Prepare marinade: In a large bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients (sesame oil through lime juice and zest). Sprinkle tuna steaks with salt and pepper then place them in a shallow dish; pour marinade over the top and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- At time of cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tuna steaks; cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned on the outsides and medium-rare on the insides. Garnish with chopped green onions.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork. Add steamed sliced carrots and snow peas on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 406 Calories; 25g Fat; 40g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 65mg Cholesterol; 68mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!