Apple Jalapeno Pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium boneless pork chops
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples peeled and chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups cooked jasmine rice
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops with salt, pepper and cayenne and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Stir
- in the apples, jalapeno, thyme, honey, vinegar, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Cook the mixture for 6-8 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve the pork chops and apple mixture over the rice.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cucumber spears, cherry tomatoes and black olives. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure the apple cider vinegar and rice are gluten free. NUTRITION: 516 Calories; 8g Fat; 24g Protein; 89g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 67mg Cholesterol; 58mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 13 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!