Apple Cider Vinegar Pork Chops with Apples
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large pork chops bone-in
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 large sweet apples cored and chopped
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper; rub mixture evenly into both sides of pork chops.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops; cook for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Next, add vinegar and broth and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add apples then reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until apples are tender and pork chops are cooked through.
- Serve chops with sauce and apples.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed baby Brussels sprouts. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 379 Calories; 25g Fat; 26g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 233mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 3 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!