Waldorf Style Chicken Salad
- 2 cups Red Verjus (unsweetened and unfermented grape juice or use chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or use soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium green apples cored and sliced
- 6 cups Watercress trimmed and washed
- 1 cup whole almonds
- DO AHEAD TIP: Marinate the chicken, see recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients (verjus through ginger). To the same bowl add chicken. Place bowl in refrigerator and marinate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade. On a grill or a grill pan, prepare a medium-hot fire. Place chicken on
- grill and allow to cook for 7 minutes, turn chicken over and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until fully cooked. Remove chicken from grill and keep warm.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together apple juice, coconut aminos, and vinegar. To the same bowl add remaining ingredients (apples through almonds) and toss again to coat ingredients in dressing. Portion 2 thighs per serving with an equal amount of apples and dressed salad. Spoon remaining dressing over chicken and greens.
Serving Suggestion: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!