Turkey and Cauliflower Coconut Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 14-oz. cans coconut milk
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened coconut
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the pot, add the onion, garlic and turkey. Cook for 10 minutes, until turkey is brown. To the turkey mixture, add the next five ingredients (broth through salt/pepper) and stir. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle the soup with the coconut and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some steamed Broccoli (Steam broccoli, green beans or asparagus until slightly tender.) NUTRITION: 512 Calories; 35g Fat; 34g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 451mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!