Turkey and Bell Pepper Stew
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups sliced bell peppers
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- In a large crock cooker, place all the ingredients (ground turkey through coconut aminos) and stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 8 hours, until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth and coconut aminos are gluten free. NUTRITION: 289 Calories; 10g Fat; 31g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 509mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!