- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large leeks sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon juiced
- Place chicken in a large slow cooker. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add leeks; sauté for 5 to 7 minutes or until soft. Add remaining ingredients (broth through lemon juice); cook for 5 minutes then transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Instead of Tarragon Chicken, serve large baking potatoes (cooked in your slow cooker to keep your kitchen cool) garnished with your favorite toppings (butter, cheese, broccoli florets, chopped green onion and chives, etc.) GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 307 Calories; 17g Fat; 35g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 224mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!