Sweet and Sour Chicken and Cashew Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into thin strips*
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon almond flour or almond meal
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips; sauté for 10 to 15 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add remaining ingredients (broccoli through almond flour). Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Return chicken to the skillet; stir to heat through.
- *Partially frozen chicken is easier to cut into strips.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork. NUTRITION: 489 Calories; 16g Fat; 69g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 165mg Cholesterol; 198mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 9 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!