Steak and Red Pepper Fajitas
- 2 pounds beef skirt steak
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 medium red bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium onion cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak for 10 minutes (see recipe).
- Place steak in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine next 5 ingredients (lime juice through salt and pepper) along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil; pour mixture over steak then seal bag, turn to coat and marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a large indoor grill pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add bell pepper strips and sliced onion; grill for 5 minutes per side then remove from pan and keep warm. To the same pan, add steak; grill for 5 minutes per side then transfer to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing into 1-inch strips.
- Fill the grilled tortillas with bell peppers, onion and steak strips; top with diced tomato and sour cream.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of beef, use 2 (15-ounce) cans drained and rinsed black beans. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free tortillas. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 342 Calories; 21g Fat; 31g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 121mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!