Spicy Chipotle Turkey and Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large boneless skinless turkey breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the pot, add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes then add the turkey and cauliflower. Cook for 5 minutes, until turkey is brown. To the pot, add the remaining ingredients and stir (chipotle chilis through salt and pepper). Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chipotle chilis and chicken broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: 323 Calories; 5g Fat; 58g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 786mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!