Spiced Pecan and Pear Steak Salad
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 drop liquid stevia
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound chopped steak
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large pear sliced
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients (pecans through salt and pepper). On a large sheet pan, pour the nut mixture and spread evenly. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes (stirring halfway through) until nuts are fragrant and browned. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the steak, garlic, ginger and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Cook for 10 minutes, until steak is to desired level of doneness. Allow to cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the steak and the next 5 ingredients (lettuce through onion) and the spiced nuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients (extra virgin olive oil through honey) along with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Sliced cucumbers. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure liquid stevia, coconut aminos and red wine vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: 505 Calories; 44g Fat; 13g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 40mg Cholesterol; 151mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 8 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!